Monday, September 28, 2009

Sponsor a Child for at Least One Year


I have just sent my first payment to sponsor a child in Ethiopia for at least one year. His name is Kalid. Here is some info about him:

"Kalid lives with his parents, 2 brothers, and 2 sisters. His parents struggle to provide for the family. His father is a farmer and his mother is a housewife. Despite their efforts, it is difficult to meet the family's needs.

Kalid and his family live in a community severely affected by the HIV and AIDS crisis. In some communities, AIDS affects the entire social structure as a generation of hardworking adults is being wiped out. Frightened children and exhausted grandparents rarely have money for food, school, or medical care.

Kalid is not in school at this time. He likes to jump rope. He helps at home by babysitting. He is in satisfactory health. "


This makes me want to sponsor more. I wish I could afford to sponsor them all..




No comments:

Post a Comment